Dec 1, 2010

ICE

ICE- In Case of Emergency

I was listening to a podcast and something they recommended was to list a ICE- In Case of Emergency contact in your phone.

Emergency responders are apparently trained to look for this kind of number on your phone if you get into an accident and are unable to respond to questions.

It only took me about 3 minutes because I'm slow at txt-ing. Just pick the person you want contacted in case you are injured and list that number as "ICE" or "Emergency Contact" or something like that.

If anyone knows different or has additional information, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. When I left my purse behind, the staff looked in my PDA and called "Dad". So I would think having entries under Dad or Mom are useful if mom or dad would be people to contact or might know who is local to you to contact next. It would be good to let your parents know who your local emergency contact is if they don't already know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent thought! When I was married we had to list everyone by name, as we were using a shared database and two "mom" or "dad" entries would have been confusing, but now that I'm on my own, I will use your labeling method.

    I should also change my brothers to "brother" this might also help with multiple contacts with the same name

    ReplyDelete